New LG TVs Redefine Viewing and User Experience With Unmatched Features, Technologies
- 2022 LG Models Deliver Superb Picture Quality, More Screen Sizes, Smart Lifestyle Services
LAS VEGAS — LG Electronics (LG) today unveiled its most advanced and impressive TV lineup yet, headlined by the company’s exceptional 2022 OLED TVs. LG’s new models will offer a superior viewing experience and more intelligent features than ever before.
The leader of the global premium TV market for nine years and counting and a CES Innovation Award honoree for eight consecutive years, LG OLED TV has reshaped the premium TV segment to become the first choice for millions of consumers worldwide. OLED TVs use self-lighting pixels which can be individually turned on or off to produce perfect blacks, natural colors, and infinite contrast. OLED, which is backlight-free, is thinner than any other display technology. This allows for unprecedented forms such as bendable or rollable TVs.
Featuring LG’s advanced OLED panel, the new G2 series models are in a class of their own. OLED evo technology, which is featured in select C2 series models and G2, delivers a higher level of brightness to produce ultra-realistic images that are rich in detail and clarity. LG’s 9th generation Alpha 5 intelligent processor , powers the G2 series TVs. The company’s Brightness BoosterTM technology allows for even brighter TVs by delivering more brightness via improved heat dissipation. 
LG’s 2022 G2 series introduces a new 83-inch model and the world’s first 97-inch OLED model to complement the 55-, 65- and 77-inch TVs already in the lineup. With its elegant Gallery Design flush to the wall, the LG G2 series offers a sophisticated design. LG’s C2 series offers the most diverse selection of screen sizes with a total of six for 2022: world’s first 42-inch OLED TV, ideal for console and PC gaming, in addition to 48, 55, 65, 77, 83 inches. The OLED TV series has thinner bezels that provide a more immersive viewing experience and sleeker design.
Faster and Smarter
At the heart of most of LG’s new TV models, the a 9 Gen 5 leverages deep learning to enhance upscaling performance and give onscreen images a more three-dimensional quality by making foreground and background elements more distinct from one another. The a9 Generation 5 expands the capabilities and quality of LG’s AI Sound Pro feature, allowing viewers to hear more real audio through the TVs’ built in speakers. This allows for virtual surround sound to be produced by the 7.1.2-capable TVs.
The latest version of LG’s innovative Smart TV platform brings the user experience to life on LG’s new TVs, delivering maximum convenience and easier content discovery. webOS 22 introduces personal profiles so users can enjoy a more customized viewing experience. Users can create profiles to quickly access their favorite streaming services, receive personalized content recommendations based upon viewing history, and get real-time alerts to follow up on favorite sports teams. You can log in to your profiles from either the TV browser or a smartphone using NFC Magic Tap.
NFC magic Tap can be used to mirror a screen from a mobile device to an LG TV.  Viewers also have the option to mirror content to their TVs using Room To Room Share. This allows them to view satellite or cable content on another TV without the need for an additional set-top box.  Also new for 2022, Always Ready turns an LG TV into a media display when not in use. You can easily set it up in the SETTINGS menu. When the TV is not being used, Always Ready activates with a push of the power button on your LG Remote. This transforms the screen into a digital canvas that allows you to display artwork, keep track of time, or play music. 
What’s more, upgrading ThinQ AI will allow LG’s 2022 TVs to become true smart home hubs. ThinQ AI will now allow users to control their TVs with voice commands and be compatible with other ThinQ-powered devices. ThinQ AI also supports Matter, a new industry standard that allows for secure and seamless smart home connectivity. This will enable LG TVs to function as controllers for connected devices. 
Outstanding Picture Quality
Acknowledged by consumers, tech experts and the biggest names in the film industry, LG OLED TVs continue to raise the bar for picture quality. The panels found in the 2022 OLED lineups have been certified by global product testing agency Intertek for 100 percent color fidelity and 100 percent color volume. LG OLED TVs can match colors from original sources and accurately express all colors, regardless of how bright or dim the images are.  All 2022 LG OLEDs are certified flicker-free by both TUV Rheinland and Underwriters Laboratories, and glare-free by UL. LG’s OLED panels have been also recognized by TUV Rheinland as having low blue light performance. They are the first to meet the Low Blue Light Emission requirement of Eyesafe (a U.S-based health standards agency). And not only do LG TVs make it easier for creators to appreciate their accuracy, they also make it easier for customers to see movies as their creators intended as they were the first in 2021 to offer auto switching to Filmmaker Mode when enjoying Amazon Prime Video content.
Unmatched in Gaming
LG OLED has claimed many gaming first titles over the years: first OLED TV to support NVIDIA G-SYNC(r) Compatible and first 8K OLED TV to demonstrate 8K gaming with NVIDIA(r) GeForce RTX(tm) 30 Series graphics cards. LG OLED’s 1 millisecond response, low input latency, and four HDMI ports that support multiple HDMI 2.1 features make it the perfect choice for PC and console gamers. With support for NVIDIA’s GeForce NOW gaming platforms and Google Stadia cloud gaming platforms , gamers can get started having fun with a compatible controller.
New for 2022, LG customers can easily select and switch between game-specific features and display presets directly from the TV’s Game Optimizer menu. Quick access to the Dark Room Mode is available from the Game Optimizer menu. This mode adjusts the screen brightness to provide a more enjoyable gaming experience even when the lights are off. Game Optimizer makes it easy to access settings for G-SYNC(r), FreeSync(tm), Premium, and variable refresh rate.
LG QNED Mini LED
Demonstrating its continuing leadership in the LCD TV space, LG is also unveiling an expanded QNED TV lineup for 2022. Boasting LG’s own Quantum Dot NanoCell technology, the fresh range offers stellar color reproduction with 100 percent color volume. LG QNED Mini LED TV can deliver vivid colors even in the darkest parts of a scene. This is thanks to LG Precision Dimming Technology. All models starting from the QNED90eries are certified for 100% color consistency so viewers see the same, high quality image every time, even at different viewing angles. 
In 2022, LG is also redefining the role of TV with the addition of new services that facilitate more personal and interactive experiences at home.
- LIVENow – The award-winning LIVENow app offers access to online live concerts, shows, sports and other premium live events that users can actively participate in as well as watch. LG TV’s LIVENow app opens up new experiences for viewers. It allows them to share concerts with their friends and family, as well as with fans all around the globe.
- 1M HomeDance – For those who want to dance like their favorite K-Pop idols, LG TV presents the 1M HomeDance app. The app was created in collaboration with 1MILLION Dance Studio. This is one of K-Pop’s most renowned choreography teams. It offers a variety of tutorials that will help users perfect their moves. Camera Mode allows users to check their dance moves and join 1MILLION’s professional choreographers. Or, they can take a break and enjoy their favorite clips.
- LG Fitness – LG is also introducing its very first health platform, LG Fitness, to help users enjoy a healthier lifestyle at home. The app allows users to choose from a range of workout options, including fast-paced HIIT, full body stretching, and guided meditation. They can also track their progress via the dashboard.
- Independa – And with the arrival of Independa, LG’s TVs can even help users care for family members remotely or assist seniors to be more independent. Independa is the first LG TV-enabled telehealthcare service. It features an intuitive interface that allows users to easily chat with caregivers or access a list of professional services. You can set up personal alerts to receive reminders and pop-up notifications when someone calls. WebOS integrates all notifications and alerts so that they are always at your fingertips. Professional services available on Independa include Dentulu (online dental consultation), Capital Rx (discount pharmacy platform), Coverdell (dental insurance benefits), WebMD (medical grade educational videos) and Sprio100 (fitness programs for seniors), among others. 
See LG’s new 2022 TVs for yourself by watching ‘THE STAGE 2022’ on the global YouTube channel and visiting LG’s virtual exhibition.
1. Units shipped in the 9-year period, 2013-2021 (Source: Omdia)
2. a (Alpha) 9 Gen 5 AI Processor available in the following models: OLED Z2, OLED G2, OLED C2, QNED Mini LED QNED99, QNED Mini LED QNED95.
3. Only available for LG OLED G2 Series models.
4. Content sharing (e.g. Compatible Android and iOS devices support content sharing (e.g. photos, music, videos). Screen mirroring supported in compatible Android devices, with support in iOS devices to be added later in 2022.
5. Room To Room Share available via firmware upgrade in first half of 2022. Only supports content from set top boxes and terrestrial broadcasts
6. Always Ready available in OLED Z1, OLED G2, QNED Mini LED QNED99, QNED Mini LED QNED95, QNED Mini LED QNED90. You can disable this feature from the TV settings menu.
7. Matter support available in second half of 2022.
8. LG OLED panel certified by Intertek for 100 percent color fidelity measured to CIE DE2000 with 125 color patterns. Certified by Intertek, LG’s OLED TVs can express 100 percent of the DCI-P3 spectrum across a 3D color space that covers the TVs’ full luminance range, according to IDMS 1. 03C (cl. 5.31).
9. Certified by Intertek, LG QNED TVs deliver a high color consistency recorded as 100 percent by CIE DE2000 across 18 color patterns with a viewing angle of +-30deg.
10. Independa app available on 2021-2022 TV models in Canada and US.
Digital TV News,https://www.digitaltvnews.net/?p=37629